Monday, May 24, 2010

How long should I keep apart my red eared sliders?

I found a red ear about 8 months ago and he is in an aquarium and doing great but I just found another one that is the sixe of a quarter. When I put him in the tank with the big one the big one tried to bite him. Do I have to keep them seperate or will the big one leave the little one alone?
Answers:
slowly introduce them to each other, but it may be neccesary to keep them apart untill the small one gets larger
I have a red eared slider and a yellow eared slider, and they are both males. At first they didn't get along but they got used to each other. Put you smaller one in the tank with the big one and just keep checking on them for a few days. If they still don't get along then wait until your small one gets bigger and then try it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment