Sunday, August 2, 2009

How do I entice my African Dwarf frog to eat the new food I got him?

I have fish in the tank along with the frog, and I was feeding them all TetraMin tropical flakes. I read that flakes are not really good for aquatic frogs, so I got him ReptoMin food sticks. It said on the container that it is for aquatic turtles, newts, and frogs. I put a couple in the tank, but how will he know to eat them? The other fish have nibbled at them but they are too big to fit in their mouths. Honestly, I doubt he'll notice them until they sink to the bottom.
Answers:
The reptomin is a floating food and the way the dwarf frog finds it is by smell. Most dwarfs like sinking foods not floating foods. Do not feed him frozen bloodworms as others have mentioned on a daily basis because they can cause bloat in your frog. They are good as a treat now and then but not everyday. Please go to this website and join it is a great group about adfs and they have a list of different kinds of foods you can feed him.

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/dwarf...
Actually there proably to big for him too, get him some blood worms, they sink faster and they like them better.
All the african dwarf frogs, I've had have always eaten blood worms..frozen or fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment