Sunday, August 2, 2009

How do I get over my fear of Lizards and mice?


Answers:
Most Psychologist will tell you the best way to get over any fear is to confront them. You need to spend time around them. I wouldnt go diving head first into a bin of them, but find someone who has them, someone that is understanding and patient and willing to help you overcome the fears. Just take baby steps. For 10 minutes just stay in the room by them. Ask the person to hold them near you but dont touch them. That person should NEVER try to tease you or scare you with them, they should just hold them out of the cage in there hands, near you. Then keep doing just that untill your fear subsides and then just take closer steps till your comfortable. Eventually have the person stand next to you with them, and eventually you can graduate to hold or touch them. You dont have to like every animal in the world, there is no law that says you have to like Mice and lizards, but fearing them to the point of a problem isnt healthy its a mental block. So just being in proximity of them is the first step to recovery. Dont feel bad though I love all animals and handle just about everything but I have an unresonable fear of get this. Crickets. Not every cricket just Brown Crickets. I tell ya give me a bat, snake, snail. leech, beetle, any day. BUT DONT GET NEAR ME WITH BROWN CRICKETS EEEEK. I told ya its weird.
why do you need to get over it...just avoid lizards and mice...shouldn't be that hard to do.
start by being near them then petting and eventually holding them
face it. i got over my fear of heights by facing it, but i still have a fear of gekos with bright eyes. i dont know why but they scare me, i can't go near them when i enter a pet shop. i also had a fear of playing my french horn in front of people, like in a solo, or for an audition, and i just recently got superior rateings for a solo a duet and an ensamble. if you face your fears you can be realy happy, and you will never regret it.

good luck, by the way texelgirl2 gave the best answer you could use.

No comments:

Post a Comment