Thursday, July 30, 2009

For auzzies?

i was just in a club and saw a tiney spider and ran a mile lol do u really get huge spiders over there like tarantularts(exuse the spelling) and black widows? if u do how often do u find them in your hose and how do u get rid? arnt u scared?
Answers:
I lived in Australia for 10 years when I was younger, and yes, we did find some very large spiders from time to time. I found a tarantula in my clothes drawer (and yes, it scared me half to death, especially since I reached my hand in there and touched it! Yuck!) My father took care of that. Tossed it into the field next to our house. I also had a funnel web spider (deadliest spider in the world) camped out next to my swing set in the back yard. An exterminator got called in for that one. There was also the house that was on my way home from school (no one ever dared go near it) that was literally crawling with red-back spiders (cousin of the black widow..but more posionous).

Spiders are dealt with just the same as here in the States, but yes..it is scary.
Hi,

I'm not Australian as you asked for but...I have lived in many places where there are huge spiders.

In Australia the most dangerous spider is not one of the huge ones, but a small spider called the 'funnel web' spider, this does have a habit of living in outside 'dunnies' (that's a toilet to you and I) where they tend to hide just below the rim of the toilet bowl and in a very handy place to bite when someone sits down. Very painful and dangerous! Most Australians get into the habit of looking before they sit down...not surprisingly.

In Europe there are very few violently poisonous spiders of any size, though ALL spiders have some poison, with which they kill or numb their prey.

Most spiders, including the big, hairy, scary tarantula type are relatively harmless (even if they bite) and most are non-agressive.

Just be careful not to sit on them if you are in an area where poisonous spiders are rife, and LOOK before you put shoes on, where spiders may shelter overnight, or before you use the 'dunny' if you are in Australia.

Very few people are attacked by spiders, most who are bitten are bitten in defence or are idiots tormenting them.

Don't worry, neither the little spider you saw nor even the great big hairy ones you fear are likely to cause you harm.

Good luck,

BobSpain

No comments:

Post a Comment