Thursday, July 30, 2009

Has anyone ever had a bad expierence with a ball python?


Answers:
Not, that I have ever heard of. The most common mistake is not washing your hands and the snake strikes because it smells food. My Ball Python is very easy to take care of and a lot of fun to watch and work with. I take him to several local schools to teach the kids about reptiles and for the most part they love him. I am sure that some one has had a problem with a Ball Python but will bet even money that it was the owners fault. Hope this helped.
No, they seem to be great pet snakes...I have two and they are very low maintenance in every way.
no. i have a female ball. she's about 5. she's real mellow %26 only hides if she is scared. she'll curl up %26 tuck her head. that is how the got their name. they will do that to protect thier self. my 3 young kids can hold her. hope this helps.
No, not really, why? My brother kept ball pythons, I got bitten once but it was completely my fault. He cage-fed his and I had just been playing with my rats and put my hand in to get her out and she struck at me. Didn't really hurt, just sort of shocking for a second. Like I said, it was my fault, knowing she was used to being fed in her cage, for not washing my hands after playing with my rats.
I rescued exotics for several years, and had my share of ill-tempered snakes. The only "bad" experience I had was ball pythons are highly prone to pneumonia, and after seeing sooooo many die, I think Pythons are not a good beginner snake because of their need for moisture to ensure healthy sheds and heat.

But the other input is valid =) They are mild, and usually low maintenance.
Never! With the right care, as good as any reptile. (actually one of the best)
a few issues. Some snakes won't eat... there known for being picky eaters at times. I've seen ball pythons that *This might sound odd but it's true* won't eat black rats/mice. That's about the only thing I can say bad about ball pythons. There alright beginner snakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment