Friday, July 31, 2009

Hi. I found a tiny turtle inside my pond and I need help identifying it.?

It was the at the bottom of my pond and surprisingly my 2 10" long Red eared sliders did not bother it. Now I am keeping it in a small container. It has a define ridge in the middle of the shell. And a thick single yellow line also running along the top shell. The shell is a very dark green or black. The front legs are larger in size, compared to the hind ones. I was thinking that it may be a striped mud turtle but they have 3 yellow lines instead of one. The bottom shell is yellow with black markings and I definitely see no hinges. It also has a noticeable underbite, but I think is due to injury or malformation, in any case it eats well and it is used to being handled alreasy. If you need me to forward any pictures, let me know. Help, please?
Answers:
give the pic to me ima turtle pro plz its kyle_huang_email@yahoo.com
can you send me a picture
Ice_Hockey_9941@yahoo.com
Hello..no idea what kind it is .. sounds like it made itself @ home in your pond %26 liked it...do you have wild turtles in your area to have an idea where it came from maybe...or did a neighbor lose their turtle...am not sure it's anything to worry about ... if it is a wild species you might be able to take it back to where they usually live, chances are it could come back tho..LOL ..Take Care :)
are u sure its not a snapping turtle? they love water and they are very aggressive when they get older. they can bite a finger off. seriously. I would not mess with it until you properly identify it. Maybe post some pics so we can see

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/im...



http://www.snakesandfrogs.com/scra/turtl...
it could very well be a painted turtle. Thats what Mine is and your description sounds very similar to my turtle.
because of the single yellow stripe i would say a southern painted turtle. that's the only one that i know of that has a single yellow stripe down its back.

http://www.austinsturtlepage.com/care/cs...
I've had a turtle that sounds like exactly like this, can you send a picture? purely_numb_12.2007@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment