Friday, July 31, 2009

Help! Is my turtle okay?

I was holding my turtle and he kinda jerked and I dropped him by accident. He hit the side of my dresser table, but not that hard. Although he's small so it he might have had more of an impact. Anyway, e wouldnt shut his mouth or move. Now he's still very much in shock, moving very little and barely opening his eyes.Im really scared. Is he going to be okay or what, is he just in shock? What can I do???! thanks
Answers:
aww poor little guy. Turtles are strong shelled (hee hee) he is most likely going to be ok. How far up did he drop from? Just leave him be handling will just get him more freaked out. He is most likely just scared. Almost into a petrified shock. Give him his favorite treat and if you are really concerened call the vet and give them more details. Keep an eye on him and keep us updated. I hope he is ok.
http://www.allexperts.com/el/3543-9/turt...
They should be able to help out. It takes at the most 3 days for a reply and its a safe and secure site. No viruses spam or anything. I ask questions there all the time. Good luck.
Well he was probably very shocked, but I don't think that he will be in any danger. Just keep an eye on him in case he starts to not eat or something. He should be back to normal by tomorrow but if not make an appointment with your vet.
Hi, I am one of the 'experts' Yexelan suggests on www.allexperts.com (Thanks for the plug!)

Turtles are a lot like eggs. They can take a ton of some kinds of abuse, but other kinds- sometimes seemingly minor incidents- can cause big problems.

Keeping his mouth open worries me- that sounds like skeletal or nerve damage. It MAY just be shock, but if it does not go away by tomorrow, I'd see a vet.

No comments:

Post a Comment