Friday, July 31, 2009

Help getting my lizard out?

I need to take my green anole out of the cage so I can clean it, this will be the first time cleaning the cage, how do I get him out without hurting him? any techniques or like a cup or something?
Answers:
You are not going to hurt him by grabbing him unless you squeeze the heck out of him. Just watch the tail as it will break off if you grab it.

You can either buy some thick gloves so if he bites you it won't hurt or just get a small fish net like the ones they use in the pet store when they scoop out the fish.
They are hard to catch. I just scoop mine up in my hand. Takes alot of practice. I wouldnt use a cup as you increase your risk of injuring his tail.
Just get a little dish towel or washcloth, depending on size. Toss it over his head, and taa-daa. Homie can't see.
I would pin him in a corner of his page with a plastic butter container (or something like that) scoop him up, use the glass to your advantage so youcan see and make sure your not hurting him or his tail
get something with a lid like a small tupperware container punch a few small wholes in it for it can breath. put the container in cage chase him into it then put the lid on youll have to be quick and carefull. that should keep him safe for you can clean out the cage well good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment