Friday, July 31, 2009

Help on cleaning a tank the easiest and the safest way for a beardie?

I got an fish tank that had a bearded dragon in that died and now I'm getting a new one and I want to clean out the tank which is the best and the safest way to do this? I'm getting the beardie this Wed.
And I heard that vinegar and water is the best and the safest way to clean the tank is that true?
Answers:
Hello..plain old hot water %26 vinegar...is safest, just fill it %26 add a cup of vinegar to a 10 gallon tank, the bigger the tank the more vinegar is all... to sterilize it ...put some plastic wap over the top to seal things with a little water %26 let it set hottest sun..for a day or two..never good to use bleach, dish or laundry soaps ...Take Care :)
Best and safest if you're going to put fish in it.

Put in the the bath tub, fill it with hot water, add bleach. Leave it until the water goes cold. Empty the water and rinse WELL.

Let it dry for a couple of days, so that any residual chlorine is evapourated.

That's how the vet told me to do it. I had horned mountain dragons that were VERY sick!
Maybe just clean it with water and very little soap enough soap to make it clean.i think that is the sfatest.

No comments:

Post a Comment