Monday, May 24, 2010

How old is my RES turtle?

My female red eared slider has a carapace length of 6.25", how old do you assume she is? She was abandoned, and I started caring for her a few months ago. I estimated she was about 8 years old, but I don't think I know enough about the subject to make an accurate guess.
Thanks for any help you can offer.
Answers:
Your turtle is not quite 8 years old yet. Shes probably around 4 years old. They grow about an inch and a half each year until fully grown if fed correctly. Take Care!
just get on the internet and seach http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/red-eared_s...
there will be a lot of info.
or seach red eard slider on google
None of my res have gotten that big yet but mine is 4 yrs and 6" well according the pet store he is 4 yrs.. You are probably right, remember though that turtles dont grow much as they get older and she is female which means she still has to double her size. I think about 8yrs seems like a pretty gould estimate.. congrats..
She is probably between 4-5 years old. My female RES is about that length, and shes 5 years old now. I've had her since she was a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment