Monday, May 24, 2010

How should i cut my bearded dragons claws?

i have two bearded dragons they are about 6 month but have grown and so have there claws but i do not want to cut them myself and my friends wont tuch them i put a how bunch of rocks on the buttom but they did not work or ware them a little at all where or what should i do
Answers:
Here is a web site that can help you.
www.biology.lsa.umich.edu/rese...
My Bearded Dragon claws have never been a problem. I would take the Dragon to a Vet for claw trimming and have the vet show you how to trim it's claws so you don't hurt it.
I hope this helps.
Hello, didn't know their claws where so bad..with our iguana's we used, clean sharp toenail clippers or open ended, cleaned dog clippers work too !! Take Care :)
use small animal clippers such as those used for a cat, make sure you only clip the black part off, and have a tissue, and some cornstarch ready just in case you cut it too short and hit a vein. If you cut it too short, dab off most of the blood then carefully add some cornstarch to aid in clotting.
my suggestion is to avoid clippers and use an emory board it will reduce any damage to the meat underneath. if you damage the meat under the nail it could lead to an infection. most people can trim the nails pretty easy when they get older but as young they probably should be filed instead of clipped. in my oppinion

No comments:

Post a Comment